Friday 10 January 2014

Blankets & More Blankets!

I have been given a few blankets for Jellybean.  My folks actually gave me three over the last weekend, one beautiful yellow crocheted one (done by my Baba for my mother), two that were identical in a fun green camo and my Baba also is making one for Jellybean too.  BUT, where to store?  DH and I live in a townhouse and there is not a lot of storage room.  I've been trying to use what we already have around the house (and not buy more stuff) and while doing an attic purge over the weekend I found an old ladder that was left behind by the previous owners.


Now, I know what you're all thinking....NOT SAFE! Absolutely, I agree 100%.  So, first, my plan is to paint it (crib first, then use left over paint) and then I have to attach this to the wall, or just remove it once he's pulling himself up (at least until he's a bit older.). If you have other safety ideas...please let me know!

So, I took the whole thing apart and sanded it (really more of roughing it up).
Spent the afternoon with DH (dear husband, NOT designated hitter as he so charmingly refers to that accroynm, him being a pseudo-baseball fan) painting it. Not my best painting job, this was the last pre-baby project so I was in a bit of a hurry!
I put it back together.




Put the blankets on and Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment